Large city streets in large cities, that is where the problem is but perhaps, also, in small towns in small areas of the country, there are problems also. The problems begin and end in the rooms and corridors of very bad nursing homes and extremely horrible rehabilitation and care centers. Can you see the problem? Does anyone see the problem? Yes, the residents, workers and families see the problems. They bring it to the attention of the staff and personnel and once they bring it to the attention of the Administrators –of the horrible places, the negligent places — it all gets swept under the rug, hidden from the public’s view. But worse than that, worse than being just hidden, it is purposely hidden and it is purposely kept from the public view through threats to fire good employees, through threats to stop residents from having visitors and through the implied or between the lines threats to families. It goes on and on and on and yet no one can or does do anything about it.
But, they write. Yes, they can write. Even when they receive no results from trying to complain about situations inside of bad rehab and care centers, even when no one listens to their begging and pleading for help, even then, people write. Families write to their friends and relatives and relatives write to their co-workers, in the hope that eventually a letter, an email, a begging or pleading will fall on the right ears and someone, someone in high places, some public official will do something about the horrible conditions inside of nursing homes and inside of rehabilitation and care centers. They write.
Are you in a position of power to help this almost-helpless residents or families? Do you know someone who can turn things around for the better? Are you in government? Are you in special investigation services? Are you a friend to Geraldo Rivera? The residents of nursing homes and the residents of most horrible physical rehabilitation and care centers need your attention and they need your attention today. They have asked me to beg for your help.
Day after day after day, residents sit in wheelchairs, quietly saying, help! Slowly and lowly, the yell in silence, help, help, help me please help me. These are exact quotes from nursing home residents –only now, these nursing homes are being called physical rehabilitation and care centers. They are going away from the terms nursing homes because they recognize the bad reputations that these places are getting. And the pleading goes on and on and on. And when the bad places recognize that residents are pleading, begging for help, they try to shut those residents up by telling them that they will stop their visits. Of course no one wants to be inside a nursing home without visitors. That is like having a death sentence for sure upon your head. So the residents sit silently for another long while. They sit silently and their voices have been silent, but still their eyes, their watery, weary eyes still plead with you, help, help, please help me, please, help me. I beg you , please help me. I need help. And they sit silently begging for help, hoping that someone will see the plea for help in their eyes. And they are as captive as the prisoners inside our prisons and only, in some cases, the prisoners have more freedom than these residents who live inside of these rehabilitation and care centers across the oceans, in our cities and in our towns. Still, the residents plead for help and they will not stop pleading until someone really, truly helps them.
How can you help?
- Today, yes today, do what you can do to send many visitors inside of nursing homes. Visitors make things better for residents and the bad places are trying to stop visitors. They have even cut off some family members from visiting. So, please, these residents are begging you to do what you can today to send visitors inside of the nursing homes and especially inside of those physical rehabilitation and care centers.
- Talk, write, speak, call your public officials and let them know that we need large-scale reform into the physical rehabilitation and care centers and inside of the nursing homes. Talk to them today, please. Remember the pleading inside the eyes of those silent nursing home residents and please talk to your public officials today.
- If you are a lobbying group, lobby for better nursing home care and lobby for independent organizations to inspect nursing homes. Our present inspection system is just not enough and not effective.
- Pass bills and pass laws that give these residents more rights but also laws that severely penalize nursing homes that try to stop visitors from not visiting. We need laws that will hit the nursing homes in their financial pockets so that we can protect these residents. We– when I say we, I mean the people in America and the people across the oceans living overseas; when I say we, I mean you and me and everyone in between; I mean everyone. We need everyone’s help today and as soon as possible.
- Reach out to clergymen, rabbis and other spiritual leaders and beg them to come into these nursing homes to visit the residents. They need to visit residents who are not even asking for visitors. Remember, that most of these residents have been unofficially told to be quiet; they have been unofficially told that they must not ask for help and that they must not complain about horrible conditions inside of these places.
Please do what you can to help residents today. If you can just write one letter to your Congressmen or women, you can help change lives and you can help save lives that are presently living inside of nursing homes today. Please, they need your help more than anyone ever needed help.
I saw more than one resident begging for help, and yet, they received no help. Instead of getting help, they were unofficially threatened. Everyone inside a nursing home knows that if you speak up against bad conditions, against lack of care and against bad care, that you will be penalized in the worst way. So visitors and nursing home residents are still remaining quiet — unofficially that is. Yet their eyes are still pleading with you for help. Yet, they are still begging family members to believe them when they talk of the lack of care, the malpractice and the bad care that they are receiving. And the nursing home makes things nice while the visitors are there and yet as soon as the visitors leave the facilities, things go back to normal and things begin, once more to be horrible.
Nighttimes and times in between are the most horrible times. Once the visitors leave and before the visitors get there, nursing home residents wait for hours and hours to go to the bathroom. They sleep with their heads on their dining room tables for hours at a time, waiting for meals. And then when meals come, the meals are not what the resident ordered at all. One resident asked for cola drinks, diet cola drinks, and the cola drinks were never brought to her but each and every day, lemon drinks were brought to her. And they humored her and told her that they would get her the cola, yet they never got it.
There are residents who are given the wrong medications. There are residents who are forced to take psychiatric medication just because they complained about horrible conditions inside these centers. The residents first speak up and then their speaking up is seen as a psychiatric problem. They are then medicated to keep quiet about conditions inside the nursing homes and centers. Once medicated, these residents are easily brought to silence.
Residents are made to sit in urine-soaked sweatshirt (lưới bảo vệ cầu thang) for hours and hours and hours if they refuse to wear diapers. That teaches them a lesson does it not? Would you like to sit in a dining room packed with people, while your pants were soaked and soaked through with your own wet, cold urine? Probably not , you say. Yet these residents are made to do that until they agree to wear diapers. Once they are in diapers, they are made to wait hours and hours to go to the bathroom.
If a resident falls, they are penalized and made to sit and rot or lay and rot in a long-term room, even when they had originally gotten into the facility as a short-term patient. What does a nursing home profit from doing this? Medicaid funds are the answer to the nursing home problems. As much as they say they do not like these Medicaid patients, they seek the Medicaid funds so that they can let these patients sit and rot and lay and rot while they develop bedsores.
These, mentioned above are only the minor problems. The more serious problems will be revealed to you at later dates. For the mean time, please send visitors inside these homes and centers so that for those hours while visitors are there, at least for those hours, the nursing homes and centers will have to treat people better. The staff always treats people better when the visitors are present. So everyone needs you to begin community projects to bring more and more visitors inside of these nursing homes. Begin projects in your schools and offices where you have volunteers come and and visit. Have your spiritual leaders and community leaders come in to these places to pray with people. Prayer and religion are protected rights and if you go in to pray or to spiritual counsel someone, then they cannot stop you from entering. Go during visiting hours but go.
I, and hundreds and hundreds of rehab and care patients are begging for you help today. Will you help them? You can help them if you would like to help them. They are in prison in these rehab and care centers only they have less real rights than the prisoners inside of jails. Please help them today. Help them by organizing inside of your communities and by bringing everyone together in town hall meetings and in conferences and in workshops, with main goals to get people inside of these rehab and care centers and inside of these nursing homes that are neglecting the residents and inside of those places that are abusing residents.
- Someone wrote me with an opinion about a center in Staten island, a rehab center, and this opinion is quoted here;
I witnessed what was happening inside of that place. This affects everyone in the world. It affects young people and old people.Word of mouth is the best way to spread the truth. If you were thinking of being admitted to that rehab center or nursing home, you should reconsider. It will only be a matter of time till this center is put on the “worst” list. Please help get visitors inside these places. Please organize within the community to bring these things to light.
You can find other complaints like this on the net (where nursing homes cannot control the complaints). Put the word nursing homes into the search bar and see what comes up. Get an RSS feed for nursing homes and rehab and care centers. You will come up with hundreds and more than that -of complaints from families and from patients.
The long-term floors in some rehab and care centers and in some rehabilitation and care centers and some nursing homes are horrible beyond belief. And that is how they are getting away with this –no one will believe that it is happening. I urge you to believe the patients and residents who want to complain about horrible care inside of these places.
There are some good places but more bad places and never enough space for human beings inside the better nursing homes.
When you see a rehab center or nursing home that is horrible, voice your opinions in public. At the end of this article there will be some information where you can make your opinions known to the public.
Please participate and make your opinion count; make your voice public.
There is a great lack of care, negligence at the very least. Help spread the word that N__ __________ is a horrible place to be a resident at. Hopefully that will stop some from going there. And if enough people pass the message around the net, and around in real life, perhaps someone (congress or some politicians) might see the problem and might do something about it.
Right now, there is a bill that they are trying to make a law -to limit lawsuits against nursing homes. That is a horrible law. If that happens, the negligent nursing homes and the really horrible nursing homes will be permitted to keep up their bad treatment and then they know that if someone sues-they won’t lose anything. Write to your congressmen and all your politicians and let them know that you do not want that law to go into effect. Citizens, patients, residents and families need to be able to sue the nursing homes that are actively engaged in making patients into vegetables.
They are using psychiatrists to drug patients (who complain about conditions). If someone is “verbal” or begins making complaints, they do drug them. The way that they begin the drugging is like this:
- Patients become verbal and try to make verbal complaints to the staff. The staff generally ignores the complaints, and tells the patients to become quiet. In other words, patients are told their complaints are no good and no one will listen to them. (Same as in the holocaust –they were told no one would listen and they were told to be quiet.
- Patients continue to complain one or two more times and patients see their complaints are totally ignored. Staff continues to ignore complaints and then there are times when staff begins to make fun of the patients and say things that staff should not say to patients. (same as in the holocaust).
- Patients, frustrated with their horrible, horrible care, and frustrated with having to put up with horrible treatment, and frustrated that no one is listening to their LEGITIMATE complaints , begin to make their voice louder.
- Staff refers the patients to psychiatrists, staff stating that the patient is agitated or the patient is losing control of his or her emotions. Of course, the psychiatrists need to medicate such patients, correct?
- That is the beginning of the cycle of patients being drugged against their will and patients being drugged to keep them quiet.
Back in history, did you believe that they were killing Jewish people? Many did not believe it. IT is happening again, only this time , the people are people inside of bad nursing homes. ANd it is happening all over America! And no one is helping because the patients are being taught not to complain. Even the family members are afraid to complain. Family members are threatened that they will not be able to visit the patients if they complain.
You can help by believing the story and spreading the story throughout America. Will someone help?
Will some politician finally help and bring these nursing homes and rehab places to justice?
- And the drugs make them compliant and “quiet” and afraid to complain again. This is happening in AMERICA. I have seen patients who wanted to complain about conditions but who were totally afraid to complain about conditions inside particular nursing homes ; their families were afraid to complain. One woman -family member told me so. Others act as if –if they complain about conditions they will be harmed or treated worse than they are being treated already. Nursing home residents are living in fear –many of them are living in total fear and that is the ONLY reason why they can’t and do not complain about conditions.
This affects young people too.
If anyone of ANY age breaks a leg or has a medical problem that requires physical therapy, they could wind up in a bad nursing home -for therapy. And then the cycle begins. If they stay too long there (according to their insurance), they will be shipped up to the long-term care floors (so the nursing home can get government payment for the patient whose insurance is up).
Once up in the long-term care floor –where there are psychiatrists on duty there, the psychiatrists and drugs are used to keep patients quiet about the conditions in the nursing home.
You can balk at this idea, you can say it sounds ridiculous, and you can think it is not true. You can think all the things that people thought when the JEWISH people were saying that Jews were being baked in ovens or being killed in showers. But if you think this is ridiculous –that is EXACTLY what the offending nursing homes want you to think . Because the offending nursing homes need you to believe that the horror stories are false. The offending nursing homes need you to believe that any bad story and disgusting and horrible treatment that you hear about nursing homes is false. They need you to believe that because if you believe it then you will not take action.
YOU need to believe that these stories are false -because they are so horrible it is unbelievable that humans would treat other human beings like that.
But the truth is ….it’s all TRUE.
There are offending rehabilitation and care centers and nursing homes that are making people into vegetables, into living, breathing vegetables –and they are doing it with lack of care, negligence, malpractice and they are doing it by using psychiatrists to drug patients into being compliant –into NOT reporting the horrible conditions that exist inside of some rehab and care centers and inside of some nursing homes.
How do we stop this?
Everyone needs to join with the patients and with the families and join the union/club organization that has been set up to bring everyone together. Once together, we will register our complaints as an organization. As an organization that is neutral (NOT connected with any nursing homes) that organization can make mass general complaints about conditions going on inside of offending rehab and care centers. All their complaints will be heard. Unity is needed for this.
If anyone in your family has ever lived inside of a rehab center or nursing home, if you have any children or any parents living, you need to join this union of residents, family members and patients that are inside of nursing homes. That is how we will finally begin to hear the voices of those who want to complain but those who are ordered not to complain.
Even employees of these places can join us and their names will not be given to anyone at all. All we (as a society) need is unity; we need people to speak out and to complain about these offending nursing homes that are damaging people who live there or who visit there.
Have the words and messages inside this post been redundant? Have you seen me type something more than once and repeat over and over? Yes, you have. The reason I did this was to try and reach you. I need to try and reach you to help the residents inside bad places. Please, I beg you, and hundreds of others beg you, please do what you can today to help nursing home residents. today.
write by jones